Welcome to open·control !
Here are a few steps that will get you started
- Create a folder named
Remote Scriptsin your Ableton User Library (you can find the location of the User Library in the “Library” tab of Live’s Preferences).
- Download the latest Control Surface script.
- Unzip the file, copy the folder
open_controlinside it and paste it into the
Remote Scriptsfolder you created
- Relaunch Live if it was open, open the Preferences, and go to the Link/Tempo/MIDI Tab
Configure the MIDI Preferences as below :
You should see the color of the LEDs change and open·control display a Scene name.
- Go to the Web Editor or Download it to configure open·control (compatible browsers: Chrome, Edge and Opera).
- A message asking to let kblivesolutions.github.io use your MIDI devices will appear. Click on Allow.
You are now ready to fully enjoy open·control. Have fun !
Makers, visit the for the Makers section for some explanations.